Do you have regular bad hair days? If you have a good curling iron, you can eliminate this problem completely.
You will use it to adjust the type of curls, straighten, and smooth the hair, resulting in a glossy finish.
Getting the best curling irons for short hair might not be as easy as it sounds.
This is why I have provided a list of great products that you should consider.
Importance of Curling Irons For Short Hair
- Suited for wavy, curly and permed hair.
- Maintains hair curl as it is not affected by wetness.
- Keeps the hair shining and generally healthier.
- Easily makes voluminous curls and improves density.
- Highly portable as it is easy to pack it up.
Benefits of curly irons
- Less damage to hair as the heat is evenly distributed.
- Recover heat loss fast without increasing the heat levels.
- Known to seal off hair cuticles to prevent damage.
- Removes static and frizz and makes the hair appear glossy.
- Achieves a sleek and smooth hairdo.
What to Look Before Buying Curling Irons
What you should be keen on is the amount of curl you want to accomplish. The irons should do eloquent work and still maintain the hair’s health. Remember, for short hair, it comes in highly recommended, and that is enough to help you trust that it will give you great curls regardless of the length.
Comparison Chart: Top 10 Best Curling Irons For Short Hair
It is an excellent addition to your hair tool collection. Our advice has been proven to be the best guide. I implore you to have a look at the products listed.
12 x 1.5 x 3 inches
Sultra The Bombshell
12 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches
12 x 1 x 3.25 inches
BIO IONIC Goldpro
15.75 x 2.75 x 5.5 inches
14.5 x 5.5 x 2.6 inches
FHI Heat Platform
1 x 1 x 1 inches
Head Wave Artist
2.95 x 5.4 x 15.4 inches
CONAIR Curl Secret
3.5 x 6 x 13 inches
HOT TOOL Signature
5.5 x 2.25 x 16.25 inches
HOT TOOLS Professional
15.3 x 2.4 x 5.5 inchs
Babyblisspro Nano Titanium Conicurl Iron
You should consider using it when curling short hair with a curling iron mainly because it has a convenient conical shape. You can use it to twist and wrap your hair, resulting in customized waves or curls.
Being narrower at the tip and wider close to the handle makes it easier to use with large and smaller sections of your hair. This is superior to other options, which are available with a fixed width.
When using this iron, you will be able to set the perfect temperature for your hair, since it has fifty different heat settings that you can adjust manually.
With its turbo heat button, you can reach maximum temperatures in just a few seconds. The Iron can handle all types of hair.
Safety is always a concern when working with hot curling irons. That is why the safety features included in the Babybliss pro Nano Titanium Conicurl Iron make it an appropriate choice. It has a cooled tip, which protects you from scalp burns. It also has an auto shut-off feature.
ll these features make it a perfect tool to start your day.Highlighted Features
- 50 different heat settings with a maximum temperature of 450°F.
- It has a turbo button to boost the heat from low to high levels within a short period.
- A tangle free swivel cord for convenience when using this short hair curler.
- Various safety features, including auto shut-off and a cool tip.
- It is made for use with different hair types.
- Even heat distribution without hot spots.
- Great for different hairstyles.
- 50 heat settings for efficient styling.
- Last longer.
- Offer more resistant to chemicals.
- Cannot sustain a curl.
- Very expensive.
I love the conical design because it makes this curler very versatile. I suggest you buy this curling iron to experiment with different curl sizes easily.
Sultra The Bombshell Rod Curling Iron
This is another great curling iron for short hair. It is especially good if you are interested in Beachy waves.
With this iron, you get a constant working temperature of 380°F, so you do not have to fiddle with the controls. This means you will be able to work faster, and the curls will last all day.
This is one of those curling irons sold in different sizes, such as the 1-inch, 1.5-inch, and 3/4 inch. Depending on your styling needs or hair type, you will be able to pick one that suits you perfectly.
In case you normally travel to places where they use different voltages in their electrical outlets, this curling iron has you covered, since it works with both 110-120 V and 220-240 V range. You just need to switch to the correct voltage setting and plug it in.
Sultra The Bombshell Rod Curling Iron is also easy to use since it has a clip free design. This, coupled with the tangle-free swivel cord, makes it perfect for styling your hair even when in a hurry.Highlighted Features
- Has a constant working temperature set at 380F.
- It works with different voltages, so you can easily switch between 110-120V and 220-240V.
- Safety is addressed with instant shutoff after 30 minutes and safety gloves.
- It is easy to use because of its clip free design.
- Its tangle-free swivel cord maximizes convenience.
- Mends and defends hair when you use it.
- Comes with safety gloves to prevent burn.
- Smooth-ens and locks your hair making it attractive.
- Durable and lightweight construction.
- Auto shut off feature for the safety of the user.
- This is not durable.
- Impossible to get volume from hard hair.
I suggest you buy this curler if you plan to use one while traveling. You will never worry about the voltage setting used in the places you visit.
BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Spring Curling Iron
This is one of the best for short hair for those looking for textured curls and waves. It is stable at high temperatures, which allows you to get the curls you want without holding it to the hair long.
When using the BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Spring Curling Iron, you don’t have to be concerned about your safety, since it shuts off automatically when idle. It also has a cooled tip, which will protect you from scalp burns.
This curling iron is sold in different sizes, ranging from ¾ inch to 1½ inch. These sizes are derived from the size of the heating rod. You can therefore choose the one that best suits your style.
Like other BaBylissPRO curling irons, this one offers the same fifty heat settings. It is also equipped with a turbo heat button for accelerated heating.
From reviews on popular shopping sites, such as Amazon, it’s clear that many customers love it. This is especially because it can create curls that last up to three days.Highlighted Features
- Available in different size options, ranging from ¾ inch to 1½ inch.
- Has 50 heat settings with the maximum temperature reaching 450°F.
- Has the turbo heat button for accelerated heating.
- Has an 8-foot tangle-free swivel cord for convenient use.
- Has great safety features, such as automatic shut off and a cooled tip.
- Distributes heat evenly without hotpots.
- Makes the hair healthier.
- Very easy and simple to use.
- Settings available for different hair types.
- The product is affordable.
- It can burn the hair.
- Small tips in the end.
I love this curling iron because it works faster, so you do not have to hold it to the hair too long. I suggest you buy it if you are looking for time-saving features.
BIO IONIC Goldpro Curling Iron
Another one that makes the list of the best hair curlers for short hair is the BIO IONIC Goldpro Curling Iron. It is popular for creating beautiful curls with zero snags.
With its cool-touch finger-grip, you will be able to control the angle at which you use it. It also has a long cord, allowing you to use it even in areas where electric outlets are located far from your working area.
If you like doing things fast, this curling iron will suit you because it can heat up within 15 to 20 seconds. It reaches a maximum temperature of 350°F. There is an option to regulate it to the desired heat.
Packaging is rarely a big consideration when purchasing a curling iron, but the flip-top box it comes with is worth mentioning. You can use it for safer storage of the iron when you start using it.
With its auto-shutoff feature, your safety is guaranteed when using this curling iron.Highlighted Features
- Very fast heat up process, taking 15 to 20 seconds to reach 350°F.
- It has an option to adjust temperature as one desires.
- Gold particles in the heating wand for better heat distribution.
- It has various safety features, including automatic shutoff.
- Digital temperature makes for easy control.
- Moisture’s and conditions the hair very well.
- Good for clean, dry and brush hair.
- Constant and even heat distribution.
- Good for all hair types.
- Poor button location.
- It may Damage your hair.
I suggest this curler because its barrel heats very fast, and the heat is spread evenly.
INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Tourmaline 1 1/4-Inch
CONAIR Tourmaline INFINITIPRO Ceramic Curling Iron is constructed to give your hair non-crease free-flowing curls of different styles.
The product offers instant results with minimal hair stress. With this kind of brush, you are assured of silky shine hair.
Free-flowing curls. This product gives your hair non-crease or kinks resulting from the incorporated tapered barrel on the ceramic curling wand.
This offers different twisted spirals.
Frizz fighting control due to the featured Tourmaline ceramic technology ensures your hair attains a silky shine.
In this case, your hair is offered about 400 degrees Fahrenheit of even heating without damages.
Clamp-free curling ensures you offer less stress on your hair and minimizes damage. This is made possible by the featured conical barrel which enables instant results.Highlighted Features
- Ceramic Curling Wand designed for wrapping your hair to the featured tapered barrel giving a wide range of spiral twists having no creases.
- Tourmaline Ceramic technology works excellently in frizz control to ensure your hair is silky shiny with ultra-high uniform heating without any damages.
- A conical barrel designed for looser and tighter curls gives instant clamp-free curls. You are required to simply wrap your hair on it.
- Instant free-flowing curls with no creases.
- Clamp free curling.
- Excellent frizz-fighting control.
- Silky shiny hair.
- Inconvenient button placement.
- Short barrels.
CONAIR Tourmaline INFINITIPRO Ceramic Curling Iron ensures your hair achieves the desired curling style with less time and no kinks. The product gives shiny results with excellent frizz control.
FHI Brands Platform Tourmaline Ceramic Professional Curling Iron
The red-barreled FHI Brands Platform Tourmaline Ceramic Professional Curling Iron is also a great consideration when looking for a solution to curl your hair.
As well as its catchy and attractive barrel color, it is a perfect tool for your hair, regardless of texture or type.
Its tourmaline ceramic barrel is also highly durable and provides evenly distributed heat.
It provides a fair heat range from 250°F to 450°F.
You will therefore be able to adjust it to a setting that suits your needs.
It is convenient because of the extra features, including T-Rex hair clips. It is also available in different barrel sizes.Highlighted Features
- Tourmaline ceramic barrel provides even heat distribution.
- Adjustable heat settings ranging from 250°F to 450°F.
- Clamp or wrap around operation allows creation of endless styles.
- Available in 4 different sizes.
- It includes two T-Rex hair clips.
- Ergonomically designed handle for ease of use and control.
- Heats fast.
- Highly durable and can last longer.
- Variable temperature settings and this makes for customization.
- Preserves the hair and prevents hair damage.
- It is heavy and difficult to use.
- Awkward product.
I love the red and black color combination of the barrel and handle. I recommend it since it is also packaged with a heat resistant mat that comes in handy when using it.
Head Wave Artist Deep Waver
Head Wave Artist Deep Waver is crafted with superior technique to ensure your hair attains massive shine with frizz minimization.
The product is suitable for use while traveling to any part of the world.
With the product auto shut-off, you are assured of safety.
Addition of massive shine to your hair.
This is made possible by the featured Tourmaline ceramic technology that combats frizz excellently.
You can use the product anywhere in the world. This product is suitable while traveling because it has dual voltage.
Advanced safety resulting from the newly featured auto shut-off technique. This ensures you are secure and prevents hair damages.Highlighted Features
- Tourmaline ceramic technology that is advanced two times works perfectly in massive shine addition as well as combating frizz.
- A dual voltage that makes it suitable for use worldwide.
- Deep waver barrel that is designed uniquely for any sculpted hair waves.
- Auto shut-off incorporated feature for enhanced safety.
- Auto shut-off for safety.
- Multiple heat settings.
- Worldwide dual voltage suitable for travel.
- Combats frizz excellently.
- Takes much time to style.
- Scorches hands.
Head Wave Artist Deep Waver gives an even distribution of heat making your waves have fantastic look. It eliminates frizz, boosting your hair with extra shine, and offers long-lasting results.
INFINITIPRO by CONAIR Curl Secret
INFINITIPRO by CONAIR Curl Secret is designed properly to ensure you achieve quick curl results that are tangle-free.
With this styling tool, you are assured of high-performance and styling control.
This product offers perfect curls that are tangle-free.
The results are achieved easily and automatically by just putting your hair into a curl chamber.
With the 3 timer settings and two heat levels, you are certain of the styling control of your desired curls.
The motor is durable and has a safety sensor to ensure you attain tangle-free curls as well as precision styling.
This gives high-performance from 30 seconds heating, immediate recovery, and uniform heat distribution.Highlighted Features
- Auto curl technology enables your hair to attain tangle-free beautiful curls by just putting your hair into a curl chamber. Here your hair is timed, heated, and held to give excellent curls.
- Setting control. This product features three timer settings as well as two heat levels making it easier to achieve desirable curls whether tight or medium.
- Long-life motor with high-performance heater for desirable curls free from tangles.
- Automatic curl styling.
- Excellent styling control.
- High-quality tool.
- Long-life monitor for high performance.
- Not ideal for longer hair.
INFINITIPRO by CONAIR Curl Secret gives precision styling. This product has a longer-life monitor, easy to use, and offers a customized look. With this tool, you are assured of uniform flowing curls.
HOT TOOL Signature Series
HOT TOOL Signature Series promotes quick styling as well as long-lasting results.
You are assured of high-quality performance with no time.
The product is highly reliable and the results are beautiful, salon-worthy, and shiny.
High heating that goes up to about 430 degrees Fahrenheit makes this styling tool more suitable for any type of hair whether coarse or thin.
A comfortable grip that is suitable for attaining desirable styling control.
This styling tool is featured with a soft-touch for excellent handling.Highlighted Features
- Gold barrel designed to enhance quick styling giving your hair long-lasting results.
- On and off switches are designed and crafted separately making it easier to operate the tool without confusion.
- Soft-touch. This makes the product great because you get a comfy grip-enhancing styling control.
- Long-lasting results.
- Separate On and Off.
- Ideal for all types of hair.
- Unreliable temperature settings.
HOT TOOL Signature Series ensures you achieve beautiful results for all types of hair, whether thin, medium, or coarse. You have full control of styling with this tool’s soft-touch grip. This styling tool offers consistent heat distribution ideal for every moment perfect curls.
HOT TOOLS Professional Mega 1.25 Inch
This is a great curling iron because it offers the user great flexibility.
For example, you can curl your hair in two different ways.
You can place either the edge or the middle length of your lock between the clip and wand before wrapping it to form a curl.
The HOT TOOLS Professional 1.25 inch with Tourmaline Ceramic Coating, Hair Curling Wand heats up relatively quickly and will reach a maximum temperature of 410°F within 60 seconds.
So, you will save time when using it. It is convenient even when a power outlet is far from the bathroom.
This is because it comes with an 8-foot swivel power cord.
The tourmaline ceramic barrel is an industry standard of excellence and includes stainless steel support.
It will therefore provide perfect heat distribution.
You can adjust the heat when using the device to suit your needs.
The maximum heat is set at 410°F, which makes it perfect with all hair types.Highlighted Features
- Can heat up to 410°F within 60 seconds.
- Has an 8-foot swivel power cord.
- Offers two different ways for curling.
- Has a tourmaline ceramic barrel with built-in stainless steel support.
- Adjustable heat settings that make it work seamlessly with different hair types.
- This is great for all kinds of hairs.
- Fast heating and quick styling performance.
- User friendly and curls very fast.
- Offers different heat setting.
- Safety built and highly durable.
- There is a temperature issue with the product after a few days use.
- Requires gloves because it can be too hot.
- It is not good for use outside the US.
I recommend buying this curling Iron because of its fast heating. You can start working on your hair quickly.
All the products that I have reviewed are great. Each has its own superiority over others in the same class. All the items in the list have met industry standards; therefore, all you have to look for is that extra feature that makes a single product better than the rest.
How To Choose The Best Curling Irons For Short Hair
Since curling irons have been invented, people with short hair are now able to enjoy curls. Most people prefer curled hair to straight hair as it is easy to achieve, and curls enhance the look of a person’s hair. Today, the market has different types of curling irons that produce different curls.
It is important that you understand the type of curls you want and your hair type to find the best curling iron in the market. Curling irons allow people to achieve curls easily, cheaply, and conveniently at home.
If you are not sure of the curling irons to choose, here is a complete buying guide.
The price is an important factor when buying curling irons. When purchasing, you will find that prices are not the same. Some are expensive, while others are cheap.
When it comes to prices, you should make a comparison of at least two or more brands of curling irons in the market to find the best suited for you.
It is important that you purchase an expensive curling iron that will last longer than a cheap curling iron that will break after a short time. In most cases, the quality of the curling irons will determine its price.
If your hair is short and you love curls, make sure you invest in a quality curling iron, and you will not regret it.
B. Barrel size
When it comes to short hair, barrel size matters a lot. The sizes of the curling iron’s barrel will affect how long the curls will last.
The ideal size of the barrel is 3/8 inches. For thin and flat hair, you will require small barrels, but for thick hair, large barrels are the most suitable.
You should also note that curling irons come in different shapes, which include cylindrical and conical shaped barrels. If you prefer tight curls, you should go for the conically shaped barrels, but for spiral curls, cylindrical is the best choice.
It is essential to note that the larger barrels are more expensive than the smaller barrels.
When it comes to curling irons, you will have options for different materials to choose from. The most famous materials include titanium, tourmaline, and ceramic.
The materials will determine how heat is transferred around the curling irons to make sure you get even curls; hence, you should select the one that allows maximum transfer of heat. The material you choose should be able to adjust to the different temperatures.
You should avoid curling irons that are made of harsh metals, as they will affect the health of your hair. The material of the curling irons will determine how long it will last.
When exposed to too much heat, some materials get damaged easily. If you use the curling irons regularly, make sure you find a material that does not get affected by heat easily.
D. Temperature control
Different types of hair require different temperatures. The right curling irons should allow you to control the temperatures you want.
To get evenly curly hair, you should set the settings to about 180 F. Temperatures above 400 degrees are not recommended, as they cause damage to your hair.
Low temperatures are not ideal, as it will take time before you curl your hair, and the curls will not last long. Your hair type will guide you on the temperature setting to curl your hair.
The best curling irons should have at least five temperature setting options, so that you can choose one according to your hair type.
E. The volume of the hair
Some people have large volumes of hair, while others have less hair on their head. The volume of your hair will determine the model of curling irons that you will use.
If you have large volumes of hair, you should consider curling irons that will accommodate all your hair and produce the best curls.
If you do not have a lot of hair, you should go for smaller curling irons to get the type of curls you want to achieve.
Large volumes of hair take a long time to get curls, but the curls are durable.
When it comes to curling irons, safety is vital. You should make sure the curling irons do not damage your hair and hands.
To protect your hair, you should use the right amount of heat. For your hands, make sure the curling irons are well insulated on the handles.
You should be able to use the curling irons easily to prevent any accidents from happening.
Make sure you read the manual to get clear instructions to minimize the risk of damage.
G. Other considerations
Other considerations that you should make include the type of curls you want to achieve and the weight of the curling irons. Before you go shopping, it is important to determine the kind of curls you prefer so you can find one that suits your needs.
The weight of the curling irons also matters. If the curling irons are heavy, you will have difficulty curling your hair. You should go for lightweight curling irons that will not make you tired.
Therefore, if you have short hair and you love curls, there are curling irons that are meant for you.
All you need is to check the size, cost, know your type of hair, temperature control, and safety when curling your hair.