Most, if not all of us own hair dryers. However, does this mean that your hair dryer is a perfect choice for traveling?
Probably not. Our regular dryers are heavy, and even more, most of them are only compatible with the power of the countries where we reside.
With that in mind, it is up to you to choose a reliable travel hairdryer. One that is light in weight and therefore easy to carry, while featuring a dual-voltage design so that you can take it wherever you want.
To help you locate a hair dryer that meets such demands, and better yet, one that is designed to protect your hair from damage, below is a review of the top 10 best travel hair dryers
Read on so that you can get a clear understanding of why these units will make a great addition to your luggage.
Importance Of Best Travel Hair Dryer
- Portability- Travel hair dryers feature a lightweight and compact design which makes them a great addition to any luggage bag.
- Adaptability- Most of these dryers feature dual voltage modes making them a perfect choice when you are in need of one that will be compatible with different voltages (such as when traveling internationally).
- Versatility- The best travel hair dryer is designed to be versatile where you can use it with different types of hair. The reason behind this is that such dryers allow you to set the heat level so that it can range from high, medium, to low.
What to look for before buying a travel hair Dryer
- Size– The travel hair dryer should feature a small size so that it is easy to carry. In addition to that, opt for one with retractable cords and foldable handles since these elements make a dryer even more portable.
- Heat settings– Heat settings- Besides a compact size, look for a dryer that combines multiple heat settings so that you can choose one that is safe to use based on your type of hair.
- A cool shot feature– This feature helps you to lock in the style and protect your hair from damage. So, ensure that the dryer incorporates this feature so that you can use cold air to complete your styling.
- Power/wattage level– If you are in need of a powerful hair dryer, you should get one that features a high wattage level (preferably 1875 watts). On the other hand, when you are in need of a lesser powerful hairdryer, get one with a low wattage (preferably 1000 watts).
- Dual voltage– Besides the power of the hairdryer, consider getting one that features a dual voltage since this serves as a great pick when you want to travel overseas.
Comparison table: Best Travel Hair Dryers
|| Conair Vagabond Compact
||3 x 4.25 x 7.625 inches||16 ounces||View On Amazon|
|| Conair 1875 Watt
||4.7 x 9.1 x 3.2 inches||22.4 ounces||View On Amazon|
|| Andis 1875-Watt
||4.1 x 8.1 x 6.1 inches||16 ounces||View On Amazon|
|| HOT TOOLS Professional Ht1044
||6.5 x 2.5 x 5 inches||8 ounces||View On Amazon|
|| T3 - Featherweight
||7.1 x 3.1 x 9.1 inches||19.2 ounces (Shipping weight)||View On Amazon|
|| Revlon 1875W
||4 x 6 x 9 inches||1.28 ounces||View On Amazon|
|| Conair MiniPRO
||3.8 x 6 x 9.9 inches||8.8 ounces (Shipping weight)||View On Amazon|
|| Jinri Professional 1000W
||8 x 2 x 5 inches||12 ounces||View On Amazon|
|| Pro Salon 1875W
||4.7 x 2.5 x 7.4 inches||13.6 ounces (Shipping weight)||View On Amazon|
|| Panasonic Compact EH-NA27-K
||6.1 x 3.2 x 8.7 inches||13.1 ounces||View On Amazon|
Conair Vagabond Compact 1600 Watt Folding Handle Hair Dryer
If that is the case, why shouldn’t you consider getting our best pick- Conair Vagabond hair dryer?
Not only does the model feature dual voltage, which makes it great for travel, but it also features two heat settings allowing for use on all types of hair.
- A folding handle makes the dryer perfect when you are in need of one that will fit in small spaces.
- Plenty of power (in particular, 1600Watts) means that the dryer is a great choice when you want to achieve fast results.
- A stylish and ergonomic look enhances comfort when using it.
- A lightweight design enhances easy maneuverability.
- The unit delivers enough power making it perfect when you want fast results even with long hair.
- Both of its speeds work perfectly.
- Its sound operates at a medium level.
- It doesn’t include attachments.
- It doesn’t have a cool shot setting.
- The cord is quite short which means that you may need to use an extension cord in some settings.
The answer to a portable hair dryer that is perfect for travel and vacations is Conair’s folding-handle hair dryer. With it, you can maintain your hair in the perfect condition wherever you go.
So, give it a try with an assurance of getting a dryer that will not only fit in your luggage but one that will not result in arm fatigue during use.
Conair 1875 Watt Compact Hair Dryer
If yes is your answer, then you should look forward to purchasing Conair’s compact hair dryer.
The dryer features a compact size and a folding handle which makes it perfect when you are in need of one you can pack in small spaces.
You can use this product on different types of hair thanks to the two heat settings that enhance versatility. Besides that, the dryer is a dual-voltage type which functions effectively in both 110/125 and 220/250 volts.
However, note that you should get an adapter so that it is acceptable to all voltage ranges.Highlighted Features
- 1875 watts of power enables the dryer to deliver fast results.
- A 5.5-foot power cord enhances greater reach.
- An ergonomic folding handle enhances comfort during use and allows for easy storage.
- Ionic technology helps to reduce frizz and enhance shine and softness.
- Cool shot button enhance versatility for unique hair styles.
- It has a high heat setting which enables it to deliver fast results.
- The dryer can deliver a cool shot.
- A lightweight design enhances easy maneuverability.
- It includes a switch that allows you to change the voltage right on the dryer.
- It folds down easily to a compact size.
- Its voltage isn’t compatible with the power in some countries.
If you are looking for a hair dryer that is easy to carry along, then you should be good to go with this lightweight and portable dryer.
The unit can fold down to a compact size so that you can pack it in your luggage for easy carrying.
Andis 1875-Watt Fold-N-Go Ionic Hair Dryer
If so, you should give this hair dryer a chance. As the name suggests, the dryer is a fold-and-go hair dryer which lets you to fold it and fit it into a small space.
More to that, the dryer features a retractable handle.
Apart from ease of storage, the dryer features a design that focuses on protecting your hair.
It contains technologies that enable it to release ions geared toward reducing frizz and enhancing the smoothness and silkiness of hair in less time.
This hair dryer will deliver desirable results on different kinds of hair due to the three heat/air speeds that enhance ultimate control and styling.Highlighted Features
- A cool shot button helps to lock in style.
- Powerful 1875 watts reduce the drying time.
- A concentrator gives you the chance to control the location of the air flow and concentrate the air to the desired location for fast results.
- The dryer dries hair fast.
- It features a compact size that makes it easy to take a long.
- The unit doesn’t burn your hair.
- It operates at a tolerable noise level.
- It folds down to save space.
- It features a cool blast button which circulates regular room air.
- Its retractable cord doesn’t retract easily.
- It is not easy to clean.
If you are looking for a travel dryer that is designed to deliver the power to dry your hair when and where you need it, then look no further than Andis Fold-N-Go hair dryer.
As you can interpret from the name, the dryer features a folding design to allow you to fold it and pack it onto a tight space so that you can take it with you wherever you travel.
HOT TOOLS Professional Ht1044 Ionic 1875 Watt
But, which is the best travel blow dryer designed for such situations?
I recommend Hot Tools Professional Travel dryer.
In fact, the dryer adopts a direct ionic technology which enables it to dry hair up to 40% faster when compared to other models.Highlighted Features
- A lightweight design at 8 ounces, and a 6.5 x 2.5 x 5 inches product dimension makes the dryer easy to carry and maneuver.
- Direct ionic technology enables it to reduce frizz and increase softness and shine so that you can be sure of getting professional results.
- The dryer includes a large plug with two controls.
- Lightweight and easy to hold.
- The cord doesn’t tangle during use.
- It comes with a diffuser which is perfect for curly hair.
- It is powerful and dries long hair quickly.
- The unit is loud.
- Its back can suck in hair which means that you need to use care when using it.
- It blows hot air even on the low setting.
Produce admirable results but with little effort once you get the Hot Tools travel dryer.
Like the name suggests, the dryer is designed for professional results and to ensure that you can take it wherever you wish.
T3 – Featherweight Compact Folding Hair Dryer
In fact, the dryer features a featherweight compact design which means that you can be sure your blow drying experience is a breeze.
You can get this dryer when you are in need of one that is designed to promote healthy and frizz-free hair since it adopts the T3 SoftAire technology.
In particular the dryer features a specially-engineered fan that generates an expansive volume of ion-enriched air that can dry large sections of hair. Also, the dryer releases negative ions which help to seal the cuticle and lock in moisture to enhance shine and reduce frizz.
You can get the hair dryer when you are in need of one that is designed for different types of hair thanks to the twospeed/heat settings that enhance versatility.Highlighted Features
- A small frame, ultra-lightweight body and folding handle enhance portability.
- Temperature switch allows you to choose the desired heat and speed setting.
- 9-foot cord provides a greater reach.
- Scratch-resistant surface enhances durability.
- Storage tote makes it easy for you to carry the dryer wherever you go.
- The unit dries hair fast.
- An attractive design creates a stylish look.
- The model operates quietly.
- It includes a cool setting.
- It weighs a few ounces which makes it easy to maneuver.
- The dryer dries hair even on the low heat setting.
- It is compatible with the SoftTouch compact diffuser.
- The hair gets sucked into the filter.
- The diffuser doesn’t fit tightly which means that it comes off sometimes during use.
Packing for vacations doesn’t need to be stressful, one of the main reasons I recommend this space-saving blow dryer. The fact that it features an ultra-light body and comes with a tote bag makes it the perfect choice for holidays.
Therefore, get this dryer without a doubt of getting a hairdryer that serves as the best choice for travelling.
Revlon 1875W Compact Travel Hair Dryer
The reason I recommend this dryer for travelling is the compact design and the folding handle that allow you to store it easily in your luggage.
On top of that, the dryer features a worldwide dual voltage system allowing it to function anywhere.
You can get the dryer with an assurance of smoother and shiner hair since it uses an ionic technology.
In particular, the technology enables the dryer to deliver negative ions that saturate the airflow thus resulting in a reduction of the size of the water droplets and less frizz and shinier hair.Highlighted Features
- Two heat/speed settings enhance versatility so that you can use the hair dryer on a variety of hair types.
- A smoothing concentrator attachment allows you to focus the heat where it is required.
- Triple ceramic technology protects the hair from over-styling when enhancing even distribution of heat to protect the hair from damage.
- Lightweight design and folds down easily for packing.
- It packs a lot of power enabling it to dry hair fast.
- The dryer is easy to maneuver due to the short barrel.
- It includes a cool air setting.
- The dryer heats up fast.
- It is louder than other dryers.
- The cool -shot button is difficult to press.
- The dryer doesn’t adopt the high operating position when using 250 volts.
Flaunt gorgeous hair wherever you go with this travel blow-dryer.
The dryer is easy to carry due to the compact size and the folding handle that enables it to fit into any travel bag.
Also, it adopts the worldwide dual voltage so that you can use it wherever you go.
Conair MiniPRO Folding Handle Tourmaline Ceramic Styler
If so, I believe that you will agreewhen I say that this is really annoying, and getting a dryer that is designed to let you forget about that is a great idea.
With this in mind, I would love to recommend Conair MiniPro hair dryer.
Additionally, this dryer adopts the tourmaline ceramic technology.
Because of that, you can get it with an assurance of achieving professional results since the natural ion output helps to bring out the natural shine and fight frizz.Highlighted Features
- Powerful 1200watts guarantee fast drying results.
- Two heat/speed settings enhance versatility so that the dryer can deliver professional results over different types of hair.
- Dual voltage feature makes the dryer great for travel.
- A 5-foot power cord enhances greater reach.
- The size is small enough making it easy to carry.
- The dryer features a dual voltage design.
- The unit comes with a removable concentrator.
- It dries hair fast due to the powerful air flow.
- It includes a switch that enhances easy operation.
- No cool shot button.
- It is quite noisy on the high heat setting.
- The nozzle gets too hot during use.
Achieve a great style on the go once you adopt Conair’s MiniPro dryer. The dryer features a compact size that is easy to carry.
Besides that, it features a no-slip grip which means that it is a great choice when you want to forget about the slippage that occurs when using other dryers.
Jinri Professional 1000W Hair Blow Dryer
The dryer features an ionic generator that reduces frizz while enhancing the health of the hair.
In addition to that, it includes a 1000Watt DC motor. The motor ensures stable heating temperature so that you can benefit from a long service life.
What’s more, the hair dryer serves as a great pick when you want to benefit from total control when drying and styling the hair since it features high/low speed button settings.
Once you get this product, you can expect to receive a concentrator nozzle that lets you focus the heat where it is required, an instruction manual, and one hair dryer.Highlighted Features
- Cool shot feature allows you to lock your hair style.
- Ceramic tourmaline air outlet grill delivers ions that aid in frizz reduction while promoting shinier hair.
- 1.8meter power cord with a hanging loop enhances greater reach and easy storage.
- Soft airflows enhance concentrated styling and fast drying.
- A removable lint filter and end cap enhance easy cleaning.
- A compact and lightweight body at an 8 x 2 x 5inches-product dimension, and 11.2ounce weight.
- ALCI safety ETL certified plug enhances safety.
- Lightweight design makes it easy to maneuver.
- It delivers plenty of air so that it can dry hair fast.
- The dryer operates quietly.
- It features a cool shot button.
- It doesn’t get too hot.
- Compact and super-easy to pack.
- The nozzle gets out of place during use.
- The dryer is noisy hence unsuitable for super-quiet environments.
- It requires a converter for overseas use.
In as much as it pays to get a travel dryer that features a lightweight design to enhance portability, it also pays to get one that is designed to prevent hair from getting sucked in the rear since which can be annoying, especially when you are on a tight time schedule.
For this reason, I recommend that you givethis hair dryer a try due to the double-layer net that prevents it from sucking in hair.
Pro Salon 1875W Fast Drying Hair Dryer
After all, who want to purchase a hair dryer that will break down after each use? Obviously nobody wants such a dryer.
I would recommend that you consider purchasing Pro Salon hair dryer.
As a result, you can be sure to have the unit’s inner components protected from damage.
Additionally, the dryer serves as a great pick when you want to forget about the annoying instances of having your hair sucked into the rear.
The reason is the square fence design on the outer layer that helps to prevent inhalation of the hair.Highlighted Features
- Super-powerful 1875 watt DC motor aids in fast drying.
- Variable 2-speed and 3-settings make the dryer reliable when you are in need of one that will deliver professional results to different kinds of hair.
- A cool shot features allows you to lock in style.
- Ceramic-coated grill produces infrared heat that enables the dryer to dry the hair from the inside out.
- The 2.65meter cord enhances a greater reach.
- A hanging loop allows you to hang the dryer on a hook for easier storage.
If you are looking for a dryer that is designed to deliver years of reliable performance, this is the dryer to purchase.
Aside from that, the dryer is a great option when you are in need of one that is designed to promote healthier hair.
Panasonic Compact Hair Dryer
One of the features that make this dryer worth purchasing is the method it adopts to dry and strengthen the hair.
Unlike other hair dryers, this unit draws naturally occurring moisture from the air and transforms it into micro particles that hold 1000 times more moisture than regular ions.
In turn, you can expect to get shinier, smoother, and healthier hair.
Apart from that, Panasonic nanoe hair dryer features three airflow settings. Among these settings is the high, cool, and medium airflow settings.
Because of these, you can get this product when you are in need of a hair dryer that will accommodate different drying times, styles, and hair types.
The dryer comes with a pro-quality dry nozzle that enables it to deliver strong and soft airflows that enhance concentrated styling and a fast drying time.Highlighted Features
- Powerful 1400 watts enable it to dry hair fast.
- A portable and compact design as well as a folding handle enhance ease of carrying and storage.
- An easy-clean filter enables the dryer to maintain peak performance.
- The dryer includes a retractable cord to enhance easy storage.
- It dries hair fast.
- It is quiet when compared to other models.
- The dryer is quite a bit bigger and heavier than others.
The Panasonic compact hair dryer is a must-have hair dryer whether you are in need of one for taking to the gym, vacation, or on holidays.
Not only is the dryer designed for portability, but it also features a design that is meant to enhance healthier, smoother, and shinier hair.
Final Verdict: Best Travel Hair Dryers
Spending some time so that you can locate a suitable travel hairdryer is smart especially when you do not want to risk your hair’s condition.
For this reason, I recommend that you consider giving a try to the above units since these have rendered themselves useful to a lot of people looking for the best travel hair dryer.
As I conclude, I urge you to feel free to share the review so that it can shed light for others who are in search of the appropriate travel hair dryer.
Buying Guide: How to Best Travel Hair Dryers
Travel hair dryers are a good way of making your hair look fresh and beautiful when traveling.
For your hair to remain healthy, you need to maintain it even when traveling with a travel hair dryer.
Most people find it difficult when choosing a travel hair dryer as there are various varieties available in the market.
It is important that you consider your needs first to make sure that the dryer you choose is suitable for you.
When selecting a travel hair dryer, you should note that they are designed differently depending on the different types of hair.
Below are the things to consider when buying a best travel hair dryers
If you are planning on traveling, and you want to maintain good hair, below are guidelines on the best travel hair dryer to buy.
Wattage is the first thing to look at when choosing a travel hair dryer. There are travel hair dryers with high wattage while others have low wattage.
The wattage that you select should match your hair type. If the wattage is low, you may spend a lot of time drying your hair compared to high wattage travel hair dryer.
However, high wattage may damage some hair. It is important that you choose the most suitable wattage for you.
It is recommended that you select between 1750 and 1800 watts.
A travel hair dryer is designed for traveling from one place to another. It should be portable to give you an easy time when packing and storing it when traveling.
One of the factors that affect the portability of the travel hair dryer is the size. If the travel hair dryer is too big, it will give you stress moving with it from place to place.
But if it is small enough, it will fit perfectly in your bag, and it will not occupy a lot of space.
Another factor that affects the portability of the travel hair dryer is the weight. You should select a lightweight dryer for hassle-free traveling.
A heavy travel hair dryer will make you tired from carrying it around compared to a lightweight dryer.
Most of the manufacturers produce lightweight travel hair dryer that will fit easily in traveling bags.
C. Your Hair Type
People have different hair types which require varying travel hair dryers. If you have fine hair, the travel hair dryer should have low heat to prevent damaging.
If your hair is curly, the travel hair dryer should have a diffuser to make sure the curls last for a long time.
People with thick hair, they will require a travel hair dryer with a lot of heat to make sure their hair dries completely, and they get the style they want.
It is important that you know your hair type before purchasing a travel hair dryer.
It is important for a travel hair dryer to have settings options for speed and heat. You should be able to select the speed and the heat you want.
If you are drying wet hair, you will need to adjust the settings to high speed and high heat so that your hair can dry faster and completely.
If you are drying damp hair, you should set the settings to slow speed and low heat.
It is important that you understand about the right settings for your hair for effective drying and styling.
When traveling, your travel hair dryer may break when packing or traveling.
You should consider the quality of the dryer before purchasing to make sure it will last for a long time.
It is important that you find out the materials that make the dryer to make sure it will withstand the heat for a long time
To know if the travel hair dryer is of top quality, you should check the reviews given by individuals who have used the same model as you want to purchase.
If there are negative reviews, then you should consider another travel hair dryer.
Most travel hair dryers will come with different attachments meant for various functions.
Some will have extra nozzles and mounts to help maximum direct heat in all parts of the hair.
Diffusers are attachments that are suitable for damaged hair.
You should note that some attachments will come together with the travel hair dryer but others; you will need to purchase one.
It is essential to look at the size and weight of the attachments to make sure they do not make the travel hair dryer bulky and difficult to carry in your bag.G. Dual voltage
When shopping for travel hair dryer, you should look for those with dual voltage.
A dual voltage travel hair dryer is suitable when traveling to different parts of the world as it will be able to adjust to the different voltage without getting damaged.
If the travel hair dryer is not dual voltage, you will need a converter to make sure it is not destroyed by the volts.
It is important to consider if the travel hair dryer needs an adapter to connect it to the wall or not.
H. Other Considerations
To make sure that you get value for your money, make sure you purchase from a supplier who offers warranties.
A warranty is very important when investing in a travel hair dryer.
If the seller is giving warranties, make sure you read the terms and conditions.
The best seller in the market should offer at least one year warranty after purchase.